Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another look at WordPress blogs...

I have had another look at WordPress blogs, and found a really great facility in WordPress.

With both WordPress and Blogger, your posts are organized in order of entry with the newest one at the top. But what do you do if you have a post or topic which you want to keep always at the top, so that everyone who reads your blog will see it? WordPress has solved this problem by adding "pages", which have tabs across the top of the blog and can be seen immediately.

Once I found out about this facility, I immediately understood why Wordpress blogs are so popular!

Here, by way of example, is the WordPress blog which I have created to tie together my book and several of my blogs: http://carolwalczak.wordpress.com.

There you will see my first and only post for the moment, and big tabs across the top for "About me", my book "Choose to Live!" and my "Grief Log" blog.

If I want people to go directly to the "Choose to Live!" page, I can give them this link: http://carolwalczak.wordpress.com/choose-to-live/ and I can also use this link to advertise my book on the traffic exchanges.

This is a fantastic way to tie together several ideas or forms of expression, it's exactly what I've been looking for.

8 comments:

Green River Arts and Bagauzhang said...

Thanks for posting this wonderful helpful bit of information. I'll link you back to my blog.

L- said...

Thank you for sharing!

C. M. Albrecht said...

I tried Blogger at first and still have it, but I began using Wordpress for my ranting and raving because, for me at least, it proved to be much more user friendly. When it comes to computing, I need all the support I can get, and most of the time, that's not enough.
www.cm-albrecht.webs.com
www.cmalbrecht.wordpress.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the information.

Software Development Company India

John Adam said...

Why is reading books important?
Dominion First Blood: Book One

Jhon Marshal said...

Thank you for the helpful post. I found your blog with Google and I will start following. Hope to see new blogs soon.
Understanding the Book of Job

Terrance McDaniel said...

Like your Posts.Thanks Keep Posting.
event calendar wordpress

Unknown said...

ĐƠN VỊ SHIP HÀNG TỪ VIỆT NAM SANG HOA KỲ
Công ty ship hàng ở việt nam đi Mỹ
Đơn vị order đồ ở việt nam đi Hoa Kỳ